The CELTA is the most widely recognized qualification both in the UK and internationally for entry into a Career in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). Candidates who are suitable will be offered jobs by Saxoncourt Teacher Recruitment at the end of each course.
This 4-week CELTA course in London offered by Saxoncourt is both extremely intensive and practical, provides candidates with a most thorough grounding in CELTA teaching techniques through a combination of instruction, observation and teaching practice. The University of Cambridge certifies this course.
The course itself involves 120 contact hours and includes a minimum of 6 hours observed teaching practice with English language students. The input sessions concentrate mainly on language analysis and classroom methodology.
Input sessions include the following:
- The principles of student-centred learning
- Developing students’ language skills
- Analysis of language
- Clarifying and checking students’; understanding of language
- Lesson planning
- Classroom management
- Professional development
- Opportunities to observe experienced teachers in class
- Four written assignments covering the practice of English language teaching
- Daily contact hours will normally span some 7 to 8 hours (from 09.30 to 17.00 hrs) with teaching preparation and written work in addition.